Fun Gift– You must be very intentional with this gift. Find out for sure what the kids want. Some ideas are…
- New video games (or video game coding course)
- laptop computer (go with refurbished, technology changes so fast)
- video game coins
- Web swing
- zip line
- character bedding
- Indoor activity blocks
- Play plastic animals
Clothing Gift– This is not a fun gift. Some years it’s new jeans, socks or underwear. Some years everyone gets new pair cowboy boots. A few ideas….
Educational Gift– We home school so sometimes this category is a new Art curriculum or a microscope. If your child is into a book series the complete box set would awesome too.
- Art supplies (my husband is adamantly against the large box of 3 million crayons..bummer. I always wanted one of those)
- Board games (I love getting new board games we can play together) ie, Ticket to Ride, Catan, or good ole Clue
- Zoo membership
- Museum membership
- Educational videos
- Audio stories (Jonathan Park is our family favorite, and they just released a new one)
In lieu of the educational gift you could also do one large “family gift” it could be something like a vacation or a trip. Making memories together make the best gifts. This is our most favorite recent memory, we went and saw the Union Pacific Big Boy come through town.
Stockings-We also do stockings on Christmas morning. This is something I struggled with for a long time. I don’t like to buy junk that is going to break or clutter up the playroom. Stockings stuffers are a little fun and a little useful. Here are some ideas….
- Character themed automatic toothbrush (usually $5 on black friday)
- Character themed band-aids (we all know how kids love to waste band-aids and there is never one when you need it)
- Juice box
- Snack bar (something for a snack while I’m preparing breakfast)
- Orange (or other sturdy fruit)
- few pieces of candy
- coloring book
- gift card (older kids)
- hair rubber bands or bows (Scunci no slip gel ponytail holders are the best and they don’t pull our hair)
These are just a few ideas. For extended family I like to do homemade gifts. If you have other gift ideas I would love to hear them. We need to tackle this Christmas thing together and stress-free!
**This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive compensations for my referral, endorsement, or review of a product or link to a product. This does not cost you anything or change your price. Thank you! I am truly grateful!