Hello! Getting ready for Christmas! Yay! I love the holidays! I’ve been a little absent lately. Let me tell you what I’ve been doing.
I’ve been helping my sister with homeschooling her kids! It’s been a fun adventure and it’s been fun seeing my niece and nephews daily. It has really opened my eyes to see where my kids need some work too. This adventure has definitely been a blessing. All that being said, I am super excited to have a 3 week break to clean house and do some cooking. Soooo…..I’m back (for a little while)!
What do holidays and baking have in common…SUGAR! Even though there is a lot of sugar in holiday baking I try to source a less processed organic sugar. I also make my own powder sugar. If you’ve never made your own powder sugar….it’s super easy and only adds one step to your baking.
Make Your Own Powdered Sugar
- Blendtect or high speed blender
- 2 cups any kind of sugar (turbinado, sucant, coconut sugar)
- Pour 2 cups of sugar into a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and fluffy (about 30 seconds).
- This will yield approximately 3 – 4 cups of powdered sugar.
[…] 2/3 cup of powder sugar […]