Mac and Cheese
I’ve been married thirteen years. I’ve been trying for twelve of those years to move my husband from boxed mac and cheese or a mac and cheese with velveeta cheese to a real food mac and cheese. I have tried so many recipes and not until this recipe would he make a switch. (insert happy dance)
Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot
- 12-16 oz macaroni noodles
- 4-5 cups water
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cups grated cheese
- ½ cup milk
- In the instant pot add macaroni noodles and butter
- Add the water, make sure the water is covering the noodles
- Lightly salt the water/noodle mixture.
- Cover and close the instant pot vent.
- Cook on manual/high pressure for 5 minutes
- When done cooking let it sit for 10 minutes before venting.
- Remove instant pot lid and add cheese and milk.
- Stir well. Depending on how thick you like your macaroni and cheese you may want to add a little more milk.
- Season with salt to your taste.
**This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive compensations for my referral, endorsement, or review of a product or link to a product. This does not cost you anything or change your price. Thank you! I am truly grateful!