The most awesome popcorn recipes, EVER! The flavor of this popcorn is reminiscent of nacho cheese Doritos. Who doesn’t want a healthy snack that also tastes incredible? Popcorn can be a healthy snack if nutritious, real food ingredients are used.
There are many different seasonings you can put on plain popcorn to add flavor. When I make popcorn I usually season it with melted butter, coconut oil, nutritional yeast (high in B vitamins) and some salt. The combination of healthy fats and salt for flavor make it a winning combination for snack time. We usually dine on this snack a few times a week. My friend who gave me this recipe has a great how to video demonstrating her popcorn recipe.
To make any popcorn recipe you’ll need a popcorn popper, I use an air popper. You’ll also need some butter, salt, popcorn and a seasoning blend of your choice. Since we snack on popcorn a few times a week I buy organic popcorn in bulk from Azure Standard. This multicolored popcorn pops up in several different variations of white and off-white.
Nacho Cheese Popcorn Recipe
While perusing pinterest I saw a few links for Doritos flavored popcorn, but every link I clicked on was a bad link. My kids like chips of all kinds but I do not appreciate all the preservatives and dyes in flavored chips. I opened up my lab, also known as my kitchen, to start experimenting to find the perfect flavor combination for nacho cheese popcorn. The nutritional yeast flakes add a cheesy flavor while the paprika and chili powders give the nacho flavor.
Nacho Cheese Popcorn
- Popcorn popper
- ½ cup organic popcorn
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ancho pepper powder (optional)
- dash cayenne pepper powder (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- Pop the popcorn according to the instructions for your popcorn maker.
- In a pint jar, mix together, yeast flakes, salt, paprika, chili powder, ancho and cayenne pepper powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Shake the mixture to incorporate seasonings.
- When the popcorn is done popping drizzle 1 Tbsp of butter across the top of the popcorn.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of seasoning mixture across the top of the popcorn.
- Fold and stir popcorn to evenly disperse the seasoning.
- Drizzle remaining butter and another Tbsp of seasoning across the top of the popcorn.
- Fold and stir.
If you enjoy these popcorn recipes you might also enjoy more healthy snacks recipes.
**This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive compensations for my referral, endorsement, or review of a product or link to a product. This does not cost you anything or change your price. Thank you! I am truly grateful!